Monday, January 30, 2012

Maternity

This post is not exciting or well crafted, but I have to get it down now!


I had my first day of clinical in the maternity center, and it was awesome! I'm on labor and delivery right now (verses mother & baby). I got to see a C/S birth, and the recovery after. After lunch I got to hang in the NICU. 


I REALLY hope I get to see a vaginal delivery next week.  Two of the other girls did today, and one even got to cut the cord!! It was just luck of the draw. We only get 2 weeks on L & D, and then 2 weeks on M & B and that's it! Our time there is so short, we do 2 other weeks on campus with simulations, which kind of sucks. 


I absolutely LOVE maternity though. What an AMAZING experience. I was so blessed to be allowed to witness the birth of a new person, and be there on the BEST day of the new mother's life. Talk about giving you baby fever!

No comments: