Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Addiction

Yes I am an addict. I know, you probably have no idea because of the way I go about my daily life. I seem to manage it so well. But you don't know. Secretly, I need a squirt it 10, 12,15, maybe 20 times a day. I can't help it.

Yes, my addiction is Afrin nasal spray, specifically the afrin "sinus"

It's terrible. Terrible. Per medical research, it's as addictive as heroin. No joke. I believe them. I start to feel that "stuffy" feeling, that pressure in my nasal cavity that feels like my nose is gonna burst, and basically just the frustration of not being able to breathe...and I loose all self control. Each day now I say that today is the day i start to break free of my addiction. But once the horrendous withdrawls start I'll do ANTHING to breathe again. It's a panic really. And I know that my precious drug of choice will let me breath freer than i've ever breathed if i just use a couple squirts in my nose. So I squirt it and say that I'll start the weaning process again the next time.

I hate it because I know that the pharmecutical companies LOVE me. They want us all to be addicted so we can keep speading $5/bottle on their addictive drug. I buy a bottle every week or 2. Terrible.

I don't know what to do. I want to get off of it so bad. It doesn't help that now is allergy season and one of my biggest allergy symptoms?? Congestion and sinus pressure. I don't go to the doctor anymore about it. Whats the point? All they say is "get off Afrin" and charge you $25. As if it is that easy as if I WANT to shell out money for something that i clearly now myself. So no, it's not worth it-the doctors don't know how to help. So i know that me and my fellow Afrin addicts just sit and silently suffer....

The Devil:

1 comment:

Leslie said...

LOL You're so funny!!! Good luck with the withdraws! ;)