Saturday, April 19, 2008

Today I cleaned out a drainage ditch with a rake on an 85 degree day. It was HARD work and i was sweating and my muscles were shaking. Why didn't i stop? Because my 70 something year old next door neighbor was right there next to me raking the muck out of the "stream" so that the "pond" that has formed behind our houses will start flowing (stagnant swamp water in the spring=MOSQUITO CITY in the summer). This was one tough old lady. Wow, I guess I am more out of shape than I thought because lady was workin' that rake!

And ps. We got the stream to start flowing...there was just SO MUCH rotten leaves and debris, theres 2 little bridge-tunnel things in both our yards (at the edge of our property lines-behind us is a field owned by the state) and it was really blocked up over there. So I think we acheived some success!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

People amaze me! My grandma is 71 and we work together almost 3 times a week. That old lady works circles around me!!!! lol