Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 3? Weigh In and ramblings

Was it week 3 or only week 2? I had joined 3 meetings ago, so it was the 3rd time I was weighed, but the first time was my starting weight. SO is it only week 2 or is it really week 3?

I lost .6 lb at my weigh in on Monday. I was pretty blah about it. I worked hard this week and it was frustrating not to see more gone. I should be happy though because at least I didn't gain, and at least I lost a little. My weight is severely affected by my menstrual cycles....and I'm in my PMS week this week so I'm wondering if that messed with it. I seriously gain about 3-5 pounds when my period is visiting...I should just skip the weigh in next week. Lol just kidding of course! My mother meanwhile is down 5 pounds total and got a sticker at the meeting lol. How does she do it!

Fingers crossed for Eric again. He has an interiew tomorrow. He applied to the job and 20 minutes later they called him. We don't get our hopes up because this has happened before and nothing. I wish *I* could go in there and tell them what a great person he is and a focused worker. Seriously, when that man is on a task he thinks of nothing else but getting it done. I wish I could picket with a sign exclaiming "hire him! hire him!" But I don't think potential employers will appreciate a psycho slightly overzealous girlfriend so I'll refrain and stay home.

My mother has Thursday and Friday off so I think we're heading down to the Corning Museum of Glass tomorrow. I've never been there (although I did once go to Corning, 90 miles south of here, for a band competition when I was a sophomore in high school and in the school's colorguard to appease my mother. My colorguard/winterguard experience could be an entry all on it's own. Oy!). Anyway, I'm kind of excited about it!

I now start back to school 2 weeks and 6 days from now. AH! I cannot believe the denial I am in about it. How can this fabulously long summer be drawing to a close? Am I ready for the stress that nursing school entails? Last semester I was new and had no idea what  to expect. Now I know. Whoever said knowledge is power must have been a teacher. Knowing is scary!

No comments: